×

Beryl

Comprehensive in and out-of-hospital benefits.

Public and private facilities.

View Network Hospitals View Network Doctors
Beryl product brochure

More about the Beryl option

Get access to a healthcare provider who belongs to the GEMS network. You don’t have to pay for treatment or book an appointment and pay out -of-pocket.

  • We encourage you to nominate a General Practitioner (GP) if you’re on the Beryl option, to coordinate your healthcare needs. However, you won’t be penalised if you don’t nominate a GP.
  • If you visit a non-network GP, your consultation will be paid from your non-nominated benefit. This benefit allows for a maximum of three visits per family (annually) to a GP who isn’t part of the GEMS network.
  • The Scheme will fund 70% of your medical expenses and you will have to pay a co-payment of the remaining 30%. If you deplete your non-nominated benefit and you consult a non-nominated GP, your claim will not be paid by the Scheme.
  • Visits to a specialist must be referred by your nominated GP. Your nominated GP must also call our call centre to get pre-authorisation before you can visit a specialist. 
  • Pathology and radiology tests (blood tests and x-rays) must be referred by your nominated GP. These tests must be in line with the GEMS formulary (list of approved tests or services) for Beryl.

How much does it cost?

Salary band Principal Member Additional adult member Additional child member
0 - R 9874 R1338 R1334 R750
R9874.01 - R13856 R1451 R1440 R828
R13856.01 - R23737 R1584 R1584 R889
R23737.01 + R2730 R2056 R1057

Calculate my contributions

Who would you like to cover?

Adults
Adult Dependants
Child Dependants
Child Dependants

Are you on total cost to company?

Qualifying Public Service employees could enjoy up to 100% subsidy from their employer.

Download our member app

Use the QR Code to download the GEMS Member App. Or get it from Google play or App Store.